GDPR Privacy Notice 2018- Fairy Faye Publications
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) which is EU wide and far more extensive than its predecessor the Data Protection Act, along with the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations (PECR), seek to protect and enhance the rights of EU data subjects. These rights cover the safeguarding of personal data, protection against the unlawful processing of personal data and the unrestricted movement of personal data within the EU and its storage within the EEA.
Fairy Faye Publications Ltd is pleased to provide the following information:
Who we are
We are Fairyfaye Publications Ltd; a team of professionals who work together to write, illustrate, print, publish and promote children’s history books. Contact number 01227 283141 and email address firstname.lastname@example.org
We may collect and process the following data about you:
• Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, subscribing to a service provided by us, purchasing publications through our Website, posting material on or to our Website or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by us.
• When you register to receive newsletters we may request the following data: your name, email address. You can unsubscribe to our new releases by clicking the Unsubscribe link in our email marketing newsletters.
• If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
• Details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfilment of your orders.
• Details of your visits to our Website (including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access).
Our site is accessible via the internet and so may potentially be accessed by anyone around the world. Other users may access the site from outside the EEA. This means that where you choose to post your data on our site, it could be accessed from anywhere around the world and therefore a transfer of your data outside of the EEA may be deemed to have occurred. You consent to such transfer of your data for and by way of this purpose.
We will not share your personal information with or sell it to third-party marketers. We may use the following third-party service providers named below to process and store your data:
When you click on links on our store, they may direct you away from our site. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites and encourage you to read their privacy statements.
Through agreeing to this privacy notice you are consenting to Fairy Faye Publications Ltd processing your personal data for the purposes outlined. You can withdraw consent at any time by using the telephone number or email address provided email@example.com.
Fairy Faye Publications Ltd will keep your personal information safe and secure, only staff engaged in providing your service or product will have access to your personal information. Fairy Faye Publications Ltd will not disclose your Personal Information unless compelled to, in order to meet legal obligations, regulations or valid governmental requests. We may also enforce its Terms and Conditions, including investigating potential violations of its Terms and Conditions to detect, prevent or mitigate fraud or security or technical issues; or to protect against imminent harm to the rights, property or safety of its staff.
Fairy Faye Publications Ltd will process personal data during the process of any order placed and will continue to store only the personal data needed to meet any legal obligations.
We retain your information for a range of purposes which determine the period of time for which we need to keep such information. For example:
For the purpose of marketing: 3 years from the point of last contact with you. This may include use of our website or responses to communications with you.
Your rights as a data subject
At any point whilst Fairy Faye Publications Ltd are in possession of, or processing your personal data, all data subjects have the following rights:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply you have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
In the event that Fairy Faye Publications Ltd refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why, which you have the right to legally challenge. At your request Fairy Faye Publications Ltd can confirm what information it holds about you and how it is processed.
You can request the following information:
- Identity and the contact details of the person or organisation (Fairy Faye Publications Ltd) that has determined how and why to process your data.
- Contact details of the data protection officer, where applicable.
- The purpose of the processing as well as the legal basis for processing.
- If the processing is based on the legitimate interests of Fairy Faye Publications Ltd and information about these interests.
- The categories of personal data collected, stored and processed.
- Recipient(s) or categories of recipients that the data is/will be disclosed to.
- How long the data will be stored.
- Details of your rights to correct, erasure, restrict or object to such processing.
- Information about your right to withdraw consent at any time.
- Whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the personal data and the possible consequences of failing to provide such data.
- The source of personal data if it wasn’t collected directly from you.
- Any details and information of automated decision making, such as profiling, and any meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and expected consequences of such processing.
To access what personal data is held, identification will be required
Fairy Faye Publications Ltd will accept requests to view personal information by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by Fairy Faye Publications Ltd you have the right to complain to us.